Monday, June 2, 2014

Moomy, the Birthday Boy's Momma

14degC, non-sunny, cold morning, 9:14am

I didn't realized it's been almost a week since my last post! Yikes!

I must admit … I have been meaning to but I'm still trying to get into the groove of having and maintaining a blog AND juggle everything else that I do on a daily basis.

Anyhoo … can you believe that it is JUNE already? Wow. We're halfway through 2014 and summer's almost here … and June also means Aidan's birthday is coming up!!

I cannot believe the lil one is turning 2 this Friday!! I went crazy at the Dollar Tree store yesterday and bought Mickey Mouse plates and decoration for his birthday. Its silly, I know, but hey, a birthday is a birthday. If I can have a special birthday celebration, I would want Bono and U2 to sing for me a number of my fave tunes - All I Want Is You, Mysterious Ways, When The Stars Go Blue, The Sweetest Thing, One, With Or Without You, Everlasting Love … I should really stop now hehehe

Anyway, yeah … I bought hats, candles and hanging decoration for Aidan & Tommy too (whose birthday is next month). I'm doing Mickey Mouse for Aidan and Spiderman for Tommy. And I'll bake a chocolate cake for Aidan with some chocolate frosting - I haven't figured out what type of frosting yet but there'll be frosting! Darling hubby had talked about bringing the boys to an indoor playground like Chuck E. Cheese but he's not too sure yet. But we'll probably do something … even if it's just to the local farmers' market here in Sandy.

OOO I saw a sign for it yesterday and it'll be on (finally!!) this Saturday!! I'm excited!! I love farmers' markets! They usually have cool booths and delicious looking pastries and bread but I like to see what the local farmers have to offer :D mushrooms, fresh veg, bread, local handicrafts … :D:D:D

Speaking of local, darling hubby and I tried our hand at making our own seafood stock yesterday. He loves chowder but its hard to find a good chowder here that do not have bacon in it. He has been talking about making his own corn chowder and then he thought why not go a step further and make a good seafood chowder with corn and potatoes in it …

It sounded good to me so I searched for a good recipe and found one of Ina Garten's. The Barefoot Contessa made her own stock so …


We used prawn shells and the head of a linc cod to make the stock ...


Our homemade Seafood Stock!

Ta daaaa!! :D We didn't realize it was that easy to make our own seafood stock! And it smelt good too (I was worried about the fishy smell). The Contessa's recipe had only called for the shells of a pound of prawns but we added the head of a linc cod too for added oomph! 

Now that the stock is ready, all we have to do is figure out which day is perfect for Chowder :D 

OK, it's time for tea. Catch y'all later then :D


No comments:

Post a Comment