Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Moomy the Bookworm ;-D

Lately, I have been staying up late well past my bedtime reading on my Kindle. I never thought I would say this out loud, much less write about it online but I have grown to really love my e-book reader! 

This was me, enjoying another chapter from the 
Sisterhood series while guzzling down a refreshing blended mocha 
from the local java shop this past Sunday :D

(Thank you, my darling hubby for the wonderful gift! Thank you, my dear BFF for introducing me to this wonderful device! Thank you, my dear MiL for letting me fiddle around with yours!)

With an e-reader, I do not have to worry about shelf-space for them books, nor worry if I had broken the spine. Worse, if I had misplaced my bookmark and had to resort to folding down a page corner! No matter how tiny that corner may be …

When we were packing for Our Big Move to the States,
these were just some of the books that I had to reluctantly sell away ...

And those that we kept, are still 
packed away in these boxes.

I thought it was perfect that I could read even if the bedroom was pitch-black (goodbye, nightlights!). And if I worry that the screen was emitting too much light and might wake my darling hubby or the lil ones, I could just tone down the brightness or switch the page color mode from white to black. Or even sepia!
That is my page in sepia!! And you could tinkle around
with the settings for different font, margins, etc! Fun!

Amazing, isn’t it? And would you believe it, I am still under-utilising my Kindle Fire!

Anyhoo, I am currently obsessed with Fern Michaels’ Sisterhood series. I don’t think I have read any of her books before (I am a huge fan of James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux, Jill Mansell, Jodi Picoult, to name a few) but boy, was I hooked to this particular series.

You can see from one of the pictures above,
I read quite a bit of trilogies. Especially that of Nora Roberts. 
I believe the last time I truly enjoyed reading
a series of books was JK Rowlings' Harry Potter.
And now … I have Fern Michaels' 
Sisterhood series (she will have 
numbers 23 & 24
out this year)! Sweet!! :D

So hooked that I think, based on my reading speed, I am managing 1 title over 1-2 days. I doubt the book is thick (I can’t figure out the thickness of the book because I am reading it as a soft-copy). But each title averaged about 20 chapters, give or take a couple.

The series is about 7 women who were brought together by tragedy but then learnt quickly that when they pooled their minds together, they could turn their bad luck around and right what was done wrong onto them.

The plot was pretty intriguing though I must admit there were times where I wished Ms. Michaels had elaborated on some bits in her books.

But I must say, as I went from the first title, Weekend Warriors to the sixth, Lethal Justice, I was hooked onto Charles and his Angels so bad that I just needed to know what will happen next ...

I’ve just finished reading Deadly Deals, the 16th title in the Sisterhood series. I think by far, this is Ms. Michaels’ funniest book – the exchange of witty barbs between the men got me stifling my giggles at night. Not to mention their unfortunate predicaments too!

I cannot tell you more because it might just ruin it for you, my dear reader. Just in case you are intrigued by what I have written so far about The Vigilantes and their mission to seek revenge :D

OOO I must also say that as I continue to join them on their missions, I’m beginning to dream about which actor/actress will portray these characters best. Don’t you ever feel that way about the books that you read?

And with this series numbering more than 20 titles, I am beginning to see the characters a wee bit more clearly …

In my eyes, if these books were to be made into a TV series, I see Poppy Montgomery portraying Nikki Quinn. Ms. Montgomery played a FBI agent in that TV drama Without A Trace and most recently, a detective who can remember everything in Unforgettable.

 I bet Poppy could play the role
of smart lawyer-turned-vigilante very well ;-)

And Dame Helen Mirren would be perfect as the sprightly Countess Annie de Silva. If she could pull off portraying Queen E, she could defo play Annie! 

 I am looking forward to Dame Mirren's
latest movie, The Hundred-Foot Journey.

OOO and Sir Sean Connery would be perfect as the ex-British spy Charles Martin, don’t you think? C’mon, he’s got the accent (even though it’s a Scottish twang) and he is after all, James Bond!! Hehehehe :D

Hands down, he's the best 007 ever!

That’s all I have for now. I haven’t found faces for the other characters yet but it’ll come to me, I’m sure.

OOO I just read that Ms. Michaels is writing a spin-off series for the Men of the Sisterhood!! WOOHOO!! :D:D:D Mind you, I have to quickly close the page so that I won't accidentally read any spoilers 

Right! Its time to fix dinner so toodles for now, y'all!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment