Saturday, June 14, 2014

Moomy Has The World Cup Fever

Time: I-should-really-be-sleeping-right-now-because-we-have-an-early-early-start-tomorrow-but-I'm-too-excited-to-sleep!

If you must know … it's 11:52pm.

Also known as Moomy's Happy Hour *winks*

Contrary to the usual definition of "happy hour", this is not the time where I sit back with some kind of booze in hand. I don't do that.

My happy hour means this is the time where both my lil boys are sound asleep and I am pretty much left to do anything I want.


During Moomy's Happy Hour, I look like this Cheshire cat. *meow*

Hehehehe that picture is so me. Pink, stripe-ish, and just grinning from ear-to-ear.

I am just so high on World Cup Fever really. It's only Day 2, of a month-long tournament celebrating a very popular sport but boy … the opening matches were just crazy!

Especially today!

Namely today's big match: Spain v Netherlands (Holland) 

It was a repeat of the finals 4 years ago in Germany (where Spain won and picked up their 1st world title). But today, Spain went down in history as the worse performance ever in an opening game for a defending champion.

Spain had scored early with a 27th-minute penalty. Urgh. I'm rooting for Holland, you see. Sure Spain has great players in her team (like Iker Casillas - great goalkeeper and fantastic game sheet) but you know that feeling when you just don't fancy someone …?

Heh. In this case, 11 men LOL

OK, seriously … I don't fancy rooting for Spain. Holland, yes! Though they are not quite on my fave-team list, I did enjoy their games - they have great players too (van der Sar, van Nistelrooy, Cocu, van Persie, Robben, Sneijder) - can you see how TALL their goalkeeper is! - and who could forget/ignore their bright orange jerseys …


Netherlands National Team, 2004.

Anyhoo!! So Spain was leading 1-0 by the 27th minute. But the amazing Van Persie headed a bloody impressive shot and equalized just before half time!! 


If that wasn't impressive enough, how's this for a still photograph?




I just adored how he ran to his coach to give him a high-5!

Well, that header turned the game around … in Holland's favor. The lads came back in the second half with such vengeance that nothing could stop them.

Nothing could stop them from giving Spain the Pain.

With all that crazy action going on in the field, I was going quite crazy Tweeting every time Holland scored!


I went Tweet-mad each time Holland scored!

The final score was Spain 1 Netherlands 5!

It was mid-afternoon then and I was so high from Holland's victory that I decided to bake something!

Nothing like adrenaline to make you wanna do something which involves more sugar hehehe

Anyhoo … I've never made brownies before and I want to try bake some. I found a recipe last week that seemed pretty simple so … today I thought, let's do this!!

Here's the link to the recipe: http://cookieandkate.com/2014/the-very-best-brownies/

Now, the recipe called for you to brown your butter. O boy. I have no idea what that meant but I know that if I followed the instructions properly, I'm sure I will be able to make this butter brown ...

So basically, you dump the cubed butter into a pot and stir it over medium heat. You'll see it get foamy but keep on stirring ...


The foams appear first ...

About 10 minutes later, you'll see the difference! The butter is no longer yellow mellow but more goldy brown and you could see darker specks in the hot gold liquid!


See? There you have it - brown butter!

So I took the pot off the heat and dumped the rest of my dry ingredients - sugar, cocoa powder, sea salt, baking powder and a wee bit of very fine ground coffee.

Kitchen experts said that a wee bit of coffee in chocolate helps make the chocolate POP!


My darling boy, Tommy, helped me to measure out sugar today!
(I know that knife looked menacing but I was with him throughout 
and the minute he was done measuring, he was off the chair and away from the counter.)


Beautiful mixture of brown butter, sugar, cocoa powder, the works!

Stir until you've incorporated all of that nicely … and let it sit to chill out for about 5 minutes.

And then you break your cold eggs into the mixture, one at a time:


Plonk that egg in ...


And stir it all up!

Get those eggs mixed in nicely and then you add in some vanilla extract and flour.

And then this is where you use your arm muscles to beat this mixture up. My arms ached … and I was like thinking "boy, this brownie'd better be good …"

When you can't feel your arms no more, give the mixture a 5-minute break. Hmmph! Who am I kidding? The break is for YOU! LOL :D

Once your arm feel OK in its socket, fold in the roughly chopped chocolate into the mixture.

I didn't have any blocks of chocolate but I had chocolate chips. 
But I don't like the idea of chips in the brownie 
so I blitz it in the Magic Bullet for a bit. 
However you like your chocolate done, you do it your way, OK?

Plonk it into the oven and about 40 minutes later (excluding cooling-off time) …


Ta daaaaa!! How's that for my 1st Brownie, eh?

The brownie was dense and very rich! I love how crackly the top is :D It looked very good, smelt really really yummy. My darling hubby said it's very good too :D I love it too. It's like a very good chocolate cake, but richer!

I'm a happy bunny!

Yikes!! Look at the time! All that footy news and brownie bits … and it's almost 2:00am! I'd best get some sleep. It's going to be a crazy Saturday - England will be playing against Italy! OMG!

Catch y'all later then … ole ole ole ole Holland, Holland! *winks*





No comments:

Post a Comment