Monday, June 2, 2014

Moomy the Dough Maker

24degC!! O yeah, Mr Sun finally peeked out from behind the clouds and we've got the windows & patio door opened and the fan running! :D

The boys were getting a bit antsy today so I finally whipped together a batch of uncooked play dough for them to mess around with (for several weeks now, I have been comparing different recipes on home-made play dough; the cooked versus the uncooked, with Cream of Tarter and without, etc).

It would have been easier to just buy those little tubs of colorful dough at Toys R'Us but I figured, why not whip up a home-made version since I have a lot of flour at home anyway …

Here's the link to the recipe I had used for this play dough: http://www.livecrafteat.com/live/the-best-homemade-playdough-recipe/




The boys certainly had fun rolling the dough out and playing with it. 

Of course my youngest boy wanted to taste it so I had to keep swatting his hand from popping the dough into his mouth. It's not dangerous - everything's edible - but it's pretty salty! I knew he eventually popped a small piece into his mouth because he suddenly made a funny face. Well, serves you right, darling … so I pushed the water bottle towards him and he quickly took a few gulps of water.

Anyhoo … after cleaning up their blue play dough, I decided to make another batch of Rice Krispies Chocolate Chip Cookies. I made my first batch last week and it was good - not chewy! I tweaked the recipe slightly so …

(For the original recipe, try this: http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookies)

RK Chocolate & PB Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degF.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of AP flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon baking soda into a bowl. Set it aside.
- Beat the softened 1/2 cup of butter/margarine with 3/4 cup of light brown sugar & 1/4 cup of sugar till its light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg & 1 teaspoon of vanilla to the creamed mixture. Beat it again.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour + salt + baking soda) to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in 2 cups of Rice Krispies and 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips & 1/2 peanut butter chips to the bowl.
- Using my fingers, I made little balls of the cookie mixture and put them on a greased baking sheet.
- These go into the oven for 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove cookies immediately from the baking sheet and let them cool on the wire rack for a bit before storing them in an airtight container. Yum yum!! :D

I prefer my chocolate chip cookies a tad crunchy to the more popular chewy ones. I like the taste of PB chips; it kinda elevates the normal chocolate chip cookie to a higher level. And the rice cereal just makes it a tad lighter … so you feel less guilty as you snack on these bite-size nuggets of heaven … :D:D:D o yum yum!!


I rolled the dough into little balls. It was easier to do it by hand 
instead of dropping spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet.


C is for Cookie, its good enough for me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment