Monday, July 14, 2014

Moomy Congratulates Germany, 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!

Day 1 of Post-2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

64 matches, 32 national teams, 12 host cities. The month-long tournament let down its curtains yesterday with a thrilling finale between Germany and Argentina at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.



The match ended in extra time with Mario Gotze's unbelievable volley into La Seleccion's goal at the 113rd minute, thereby crowning Die Mannschaft their 4th Golden Star! :D:D:D



I was ecstatic at their win, and jumped up and down all over the living room to my darling hubby's amusement. I don't care what he had to say because I was really proud of the German lads. They truly deserve this win!

And what a beautiful tournament it was! It was a fiesta of goals - 171!! And Germany contributed 18, 7 of which in that unbelievable 7-1 thrashing of host nation, Brazil in the semi-finals! - and unbelievable upsets - Holland's 5-1 opening match against Spain, the outgoing champions, and of course, Brazil's defeat at the well-engineered German team.

And with that, our normal daily routine continues … 


Hehehehe yeah this will be me for the next couple of days *winks*

There'll be no more goals, no more feverish updates via text messages to my darling hubby to update him on Team USA's progress, no more diligent charting of scores on my calendar …



In June & July, my calendar had match schedules & scores!!

Until Russia in June 2018! Now that will be something to look forward to!! :D:D:D
I'm off now to bake a chocolate cake - hehehe not for Germany's victory but it's for something more special than that! I'll write more later!!

Toodles for now and Glückwünsche, Die Mannschaft!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment